Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Inchies

HA-I signed up for an inchie swap on my meetup group thinking it would be a fun way to jump into the group since I've never really been very active, and to get my creative juices going since I've been in a slump lately...well...inchies!!



Who knew there was a whole new world out there that I have been completely unaware of?! I checked out some links on the group message boards, and then did a google search. There's hundreds of sites out there, and hundreds more galleries full of inchies to look at! I was in awe!



At first I thought this would be a quick and easy project, I mean, c'mon, it's an inch of paper for heaven's sake! But let me tell you, it was definitely harder than it looked!! First of all, I guess I had no idea of how small an inch really is! It is TINY! Second, when I had a 1" x 1" square cut out to get started, I realized none of my stamps were that small and neither were any of my punches. I definitely was not ready for this challenge! Too bad it's after 11pm, or I'd be at the local craft store buying up a storm to get this project off the ground. Maybe that's a good thing after all, since I thought this would be a good way to use up all the tiny scraps I keep thinking I'll use them one day.



Well, the idea finally hit me like a lightning bolt, and I cranked out the inchies for my swap. I think I'm hooked. I'm not extremely pleased with the results of my first foray into inchies, but they're not terrible. (I don't think) And now I'm already trying to think of better ones for next time! Back to the galleries...

No comments: