Finally, the end of this ordeal may be in sight!! I finally found legal assistance that saw the wrong being done-YAHOO!! So, looks like I'll be moving happily along in the next week or so. I conceded quite a bit that I did NOT have to simply to be out of the presence of such EVIL!! I was just at the point of "I'm done".
I've come to realize that my husband and kids deserve WAY better than a person completely consumed with hurt feelings, and constantly worrying about what bad surprise is coming next. Plus, they are the ones I care about and should spend time caring for and thinking of--not a stupid business partner!!
I know, and the people who know and love me know, that I did not deserve what's happened. People who don't even know the whole story realize how much of a bad person she is. I can see so much now that points to the fact that she was planning to screw me over from the very beginning. I just wish I had a jerk/thief radar. How do I seem to attract the bad apples so readily? All the way back to college I have attracted psychos the way some people pick up stray animals!!! It would almost be comical if not for the major disruption of my life!
So anyway...what happened was:
On November 5th my business partner changed the locks on our business. I caught her doing this, and she denied locking me out to my face!! AT least have the balls to tell the truth when asked point blank, ya know?!?!
On November 6th, someone from her lawyer's office delivered a letter to my home that she was dissolving the partnership and basically, I could not come back to the premises. I went to the store to talk to her and find out what was going on. She would not let me in, and refused to give me a key. So from that point it's been in the lawyer's hands.
On November 7th, I talked to the Sec. of State Office to find out how the partnership could be dissolved without my knowledge or signature or anything. I found out then that I had never been on the LLC in the first place. I signed it and she was supposed to mail it, but she didn't. What she sent in was in her name only!
Not until this past week, was it determined that I could have the things that actually belonged to me (completely documented and proven!) I left quite a bit, just to be able to be out of this mess. It wasn't justified; I could have taken it to court. It's a sad testament to the legal system, which so obviously favors the dishonest.
And, by the way, legal counsel said I could say all of this without worry of retribution!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment